Our home is set in the heart of a rural village in Dorset and offers B & B accommodation with three guest rooms. The house is over three hundred years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, there are some features, which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. All our guest bedrooms are on the first floor via a staircase. There is one step into the house.
- We are located on Yeovil Road, the main road through the rural village and access to our parking area is via a side lane. Our location in Dorset is fairly peaceful as Yeovil Road is not particularly busy although there is a little more traffic at peak hours of the day and during the holiday period.
- The nearest general store and post office are approximately 200m from the house and the main shopping centre is approximately 6 miles away in Yeovil.
- The nearest railway station is Yeovil Junction in Stoford, which is approximately 5 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the Yeovil Junction station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There is no bus service.
- There are local taxi companies; we can supply numbers or pre-book for you.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pets.
- Our information pack and menus can be provided in large print if required, reasonable notice would need to be given. We do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- Our website, www.qwhdorset.co.uk, provides pictures of our guest accommodation and information about our services.
- You can contact us by telephone, email or post. Please see the “Contact Information” section for complete details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can welcome you on your arrival.
- We request our guests to arrive strictly between 4.00pm & 8.00pm so that the guest accommodation is ready. We cannot offer the same flexability as a staffed hotel.
- The entrance to the car park is up a short tarmac slope which levels out onto a gravel parking area at the back of the house. A stone/slab path runs from the gravel area to the back door.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- We have an entry warning system to alert us of your arrival, should you make it to the back door before we greet you please ring the bell.
- There is a 22cm step over the rim of the double glazed door surround.
- Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The back door leads into a small lobby / vestibule, which leads into the guest dining area.
- The staircase is located in the dining area, which divides the room between the dining area & the guest lounge.
- The staircase has 12 straight steps and has open wooden treads, which are carpeted.
- Our guest accommodation is on the first floor (please see “Bedrooms” section for more information).
- The house is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Lounge and Dining Room
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at all reasonable times, consideration should be shown for other guest's.
- The lounge has seating for up to 6 people, straight back chairs can be brought from the dining area but space is limited. Free Wi-Fi access is available for those who wish to connect to the Internet.
- The lounge & dining area has tile flooring. There is a centimetere difference in floor level between lounge and dining room, separated by a wooden threshold.
- A selection of local information leaflets, maps and books of general interest are available in the lounge.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room.
- All three bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted.
- There are en suite facilities in all the rooms consisting of a shower (one has a shower over a bath), WC and wash basin.
- There is a generous hospitality tray in each room.
- All rooms have remote-controlled colour televisions with built in freeview.
- We also provide a hairdryer, additional pillows, blankets and a hot water bottle in each room.
- Fans and electric heaters are available on request if required.
- Our beds are made with synthetic duvets. We supply both synthetic and feather pillows.
- There is a wardrobe, a dressing table, bedside cabinet and seating in each room.
- There is a guest information folder in each bedroom, which contains details of the residence, and emergency contact numbers including doctors and hospitals in Dorset.
- Bedroom 1 is at the end of the landing after turning right at the top of the stairs.
- The doorway is low-lying, reaching only 173cm (5’8”)
- This room has a standard double bed with access from both sides and a king size double with access from both sides.
- The room has 2 radiators that are thermostatically controlled.
- The en suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is tiled and there is a ladder radiator which provides heating.
- Bedroom 2 is to the right at the top of the stairs.
- This room has a super king-size double bed.
- The room has 1 radiator that is thermostatically controlled.
- The en suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is tiled and there is a ladder radiator to provide heating. A non slip mat is provided.
Bedroom 3 is to the left at the top of the stairs.
This room has a super king-size double bed.
The room has 1 radiator that is thermostatically controlled.
There are two steps up to the en suite room which has a corner bath with an electric shower over it (a non-slip mat is provided), toilet and hand basin. The floor is tiled and there is a ladder radiator to provide heating.
- We have a garden with a small lawn, and a large patio area (partly raised), flowerbeds and fruit trees. There are various benches and seats.
- Guests are welcome to sit in the garden at all reasonable times.
- Access to the garden is via the back door.
- There is a side gate onto the lane, which has 2 steps down on to the lane. Alternatively, you can access the lane by going to the end of the garden, across the parking area and down the short tarmac drive.
- All bedrooms and the landing are equipped with smoke detectors. There is a fire extinguisher on the landing to the left of the stairs outside the room marked private. There is also a fire blanket. There is a powder fire extinguisher and another fire blanket in the kitchen. Additional extinguisher in the hall way.
- In the event of a fire, we will blow a whistle to alert guest's. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and we will discuss the best way to alert you in an emergency.
- The building can be evacuated through the back door via the guest dining area or through the front door via the guest lounge. Details on how to open the doors are in the rooms and can be discussed during your stay.
- There is a no smoking policy by law inside the house but you may smoke in our car park area.
- We will try to cater for special diets. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medicines.
- Mobile phone reception in the village is not good, some mobile phones will connect to our wi-fi, we are happy to loan our land line if booking a table locally or in an emergency.
- Free WI-FI connection to the Internet is available and the entry code is provided in each room.