Our home is set in the heart of a rural village in Dorset and offers B & B accommodation with three guest rooms. The house is over three hundred years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, there are some features, which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. All our guest bedrooms are on the first floor via a staircase. There is one step into the house.
- We are located on Yeovil Road, the main road through the rural village and access to our parking area is via a side lane. Our location in Dorset is fairly peaceful as Yeovil Road is not particularly busy although there is a little more traffic at peak hours of the day and during the holiday period.
- The nearest general store and post office are approximately 200m from the house and the main shopping centre is approximately 6 miles away in Yeovil.
- The nearest bus stop is about 200m away. The bus runs three days a week, once in the morning and in the afternoon. The nearest railway station is Yeovil Junction in Stoford, which is approximately 5 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the Yeovil Junction station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There are local taxi companies; we can make advance bookings for you.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pets.
- Our information pack and menus can be provided in large print if required. We do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- Our website, www.qwhdorset.co.uk, provides pictures of our guest accommodation and information about our services.
- You can contact us by telephone, email or post. Please see the “Contact Information” section for complete details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can welcome you on your arrival.
- We request our guests to arrive between 4.00pm & 8.00pm so that the guest accommodation is ready. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by prior arrangements.
- The entrance to the car park is up a short steep slope which levels out onto a gravel parking area at the back of the house. A stone/slab path runs from the gravel area to the back door.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- We have an entry warning system to alert us of your arrival, should you make it to the back door before we greet you please ring the bell.
- There is one step of 2cm up to the back door & then a 22cm step over the rim of the double glazed door surround.
- Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The back door leads into a small lobby/ vestibule, which leads into the guest dining area.
- The staircase is located in the dining area, which divides the room between the dining area & the guest lounge.
- The staircase has 12 steps and has open wooden treads, which are carpeted.
- Our guest accommodation is on the first floor (please see “Bedrooms” section for more information).
- The house is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Lounge and Dining Room
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at all reasonable times, consideration should be shown for other guest's.
- The lounge has two sofas, straight back chairs can be brought from the dining area but space is limited. This room has a television, including Freeview and radio. Free Wi-Fi access is available for those who wish to connect to the Internet.
- The lounge & dining area has tile flooring.
- A selection of local information leaflets, maps and books of general interest are available in the lounge.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room.
- All three bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted.
- There are en suite facilities in all the rooms consisting of a shower (one has a shower over a bath), WC and wash basin.
- Tea and coffee and bottled water facilities are provided.
- All rooms have remote-controlled colour televisions with built in freeview.
- We also provide a hairdryer, additional pillows, blankets and a hot water bottle in each room.
- Fans and electric heaters are available on request if required.
- Our beds are made with synthetic duvets. We supply both synthetic and feather pillows.
- We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. Please specify, before your arrival, if required.
- There is a wardrobe, a dressing table and one or two chairs in each room.
- There is a guest information folder in each bedroom, which contains details of the residence, and emergency contact numbers including doctors and hospitals in Dorset.
- Bedroom 1 is at the end of the landing after turning right at the top of the stairs.
- The doorway is low-lying, reaching only 173cm (5’8”)
- This room has a 4ft 6” double bed with access from both sides and room for two 3ft single beds, one of which can only be accessed from one side.
- The room has 2 radiators that are thermostatically controlled.
- The en suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is tiled and there is a ladder radiator which provides heating.
- Bedroom 2 is to the right at the top of the stairs.
- This room has a super king-size bed.
- The room has 1 radiator that is thermostatically controlled.
- The en suite room has a shower cubicle, toilet & hand basin. The floor is tiled and there is a ladder radiator to provide heating.
Bedroom 3 is to the left at the top of the stairs.
This room has a super king-size bed.
The room has 1 radiator that is thermostatically controlled.
There are two steps up to the en suite room which has a small bath with a shower over it (a non-slip mat is provided), toilet and hand basin. The floor is tiled and there is a ladder radiator to provide heating.
- We have a fair-sized garden with a lawn, 2 patio areas, flowerbeds and fruit trees.
- Guests are welcome to relax in the garden at all reasonable times.
- Access to the garden is via the back door.
- There is a side gate onto the lane, which has 2 steps down of 22cm each, as well as further step of 22cm half way between the back door and the gate. Alternatively, you can access the lane by going to the end of the garden, across the parking area and down the short but steep tarmac drive.
- All bedrooms and the landing are equipped with smoke detectors. There is a fire extinguisher on the landing at the top of the stairs as well as a fire blanket. There is a powder fire extinguisher and another fire blanket in the kitchen.
- In the event of a fire, we will blow a whistle. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated through the back door via the guest dining area or through the front door via the guest lounge.
- We do not permit smoking in the house but you may smoke in our garden away from the windows.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medicines.
- Mobile phone reception at the house is good due to a booster aerial fitted in the loft. Hot spot signal strength is on the landing by the window sill outside room 2 and downstairs in the guest lounge.
- Free WI-FI connection to the Internet is available and the entry code is provided in each room.